School @ Home
Online learning ideas can be found here for children to be working on at home and also on the class pages.
Please use the school email address if you have any questions about your child's learning and in the email subject box indicate which member of staff you would like advice from eg Miss Finch / Miss Coleman Y6.
Miss Ridyard or the class teacher will be making welfare telephone calls to parents throughout the closure period.
Espresso – Discovery Education - general school login http://espresso/espresso/primary_uk/home/index.html
My maths – general school login
Children have been issued individual logins for mymaths
Purple mash – everyone has individual logins
Below are a list of useful websites and suggestions for home learning.
Many websites are now offering parents free subscriptions to support self-isolation, home schooling and school closures.
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents - An invaluable resources with powerpoints, games, printable worksheets and activities for all ages across the school.
These are alongside the MyMaths, Espresso & Purple Mash log ins for pupils.
We are mindful of parents being concerned about their child’s screen time and advise you to take a look at the website below to compliment the activities you will be doing at home
Some activities for pupils at home:
- Read a book and write a book review, write the next part of the story, character profiles, retell what you have read and pick out unfamiliar words and find out their meaning.
- Maths – Sums – Using addition, subtraction, times tables and division. Write some down for your child and make them practical for little ones, how many pieces of fruit are there altogether?
- Choose a topic that interests you – Dinosaurs, History, Animals, Transport, Places around the World or Country – Write a factfile about what you have found out.
- Story writing – Be imaginative and creative. Use a picture or idea to start your work.
Take a look on the English Reading page on this school website for a lists of recommended reading books for each year group. These book lists are also on each class page. Take this opportunity to encourage your child to read for pleasure. Try to access online reading for your child if you do not have books at home.
Of course we highly encourage practical and hands on opportunities together such as
- Arts and Crafts
- Playdough – You can make this at home very easily!
- Baking cakes and biscuits
- Sticker books
- Learn to fasten laces or fasten coats and ties
- Board games and card games as a family
- Learn to cook a meal together or make a sandwich for younger ones
- Nature Walks or a scavenger hunt in the garden
- Gardening and Planting
Other suggested websites:
The Body Coach Kids Workouts You can use these five miinute workouts to keep you active during your time at home! Why not get everyone at home involved! Joe Wicks will also be starting 'PE with Joe' starting on Monday 23rd March at 9am on his youtube channel. (The Body Coach TV- youtube)
Of course, keep looking at the school website for class pages and year group specific work with topic information for each class which has been updated by the class teacher.