Our Favourite Books

Date: 3rd Mar 2016 @ 3:24pm

Year 3 have decided they would like to share their favourite books with everyone at school.
Looking for a good book to read? Why not see which one's we think are the best!

Have you read any good books? 
Post the name of the book, author and why it's so great.

 

 

 

Please login in as a parent or pupil to leave comment on blog

Parent login
Pupil login

Miss Finch wrote:

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling.
I like this book because it has exciting characters, trolls and most of all, magic!

Shannon wrote:

Me too it is so COOL!!!!

Fabian wrote:

The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
I like this book because Dorothy has a dog. His name is Toto and his friends Lion, Scarecrow, Tin Man. There is a scary witch in the story and magic monkeys.

Lily wrote:

I like it to

Finley wrote:

Me three

Pawel wrote:

Me four!

Shannon wrote:

Me five

Pawel wrote:

My favourite book is Children from Bullerby by Astrid Lindgren because it has very interesting adventures of Lasse, Bosse, Lisa, Britta, Anna, and Olle and Kerstin is only in Chapter 2 orabove. The book is told by Lisa In first person writing. Lasse is 12 Bosse is 11 Britta is 12 Anna is 9 Olle is 11 Kerstin has a few months. All of them have Mums and Dads but only Britta and Anna have a Grandad. Britta and Anna are sisters, Kerstin and Olle are a Brother and a Sister, Lasse Bosse and Lisa are 2 brothers and 1 sister. All of the Children call Britta's and Anna's Grandad simply Grandad not Senior because all the Children love him he is a very kind person by the way all of the Children are like a HUGE Family but they aren't!

Mrs Lee wrote:

Pawel, what an informative piece about your favourite book! :)

Pawel wrote:

I mean Bullerbyn not Bullerby!

Pawel wrote:

Kerstin is on Chapter 2 or above

Pawel wrote:

They all like to vist Grandad's room in Britta's and Anna's House.

Lily wrote:

It sounds good

Pawel wrote:

I know... I wrote it in two because Iran out of room in the area where Your sopposed to write....

Pawel the king of books wrote:

I put in so much detail because the book is detailed it has full 4 inch tall and 2 inch thick pages and just guess how many pages it has

The answer is down below

Pawel the king of books wrote:

The answer is : 373 or even more!

Pawel wrote:

I literally LOVE reading thick books! Yesterday I finished a book that had 262 Pages to read the rest were the Index and I read it in no longer than 5 Hours'ish I was only reading it at BedTime and I was counting the Hours...

Pawel wrote:

My favourite book is THE MAGIC TREE / THE SECRET OF THE BRIDGE by Andrzej Maleszka

P.S: Andrzej is a polish name and the Author is Polish.

It's my favourite book because it has very exiting Characters.

Pawel wrote:

The series of the book is The Magic Tree but the actual name of the book is The Mistery Of The Bridge.

There is more books in the series.

There is 7 books in total and I already read 3 of them I read The Red Chair, Dragon Shade and The Mistery Of The Bridge!

Pawel wrote:

I change my mind I like The Magic Tree The World Of Huges...

Lily wrote:

The rumbl in the Jungle. I like it because it reminds .it is by Giles Andrea's and David wojtowycz

Finley wrote:

I like dinosaurs in the market because the dinosaurs go shopping and people think that they are food

EVIE k wrote:

my favourite book is stampys lovely book because it tells you how to build stampys world.

Mrs Lee wrote:

I have sooooo many books that I class as favouritess but.....

Obviously, all the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling for the same reasons as Miss Finch - they are very gripping and you just cannot wait to turn to the next page!

My favourite books as a child, (and I reccently read them to my son and I still loved them) are the Enchanted Wood series by Enid Blyton. The books are:

The Enchanted Wood
The Magic Faraway Tree
The Folk of the Faraway Tree

It is a wonderful series with lots of adventures, strange and magical characters, and lots of sticky situations for the characters to get out of! The saucepan man is my favourite character as he is a little deaf and get mixed up ALL the time so is very funny!!

Sorry, I've rattled on a bit! See you soon. :)

Shannon wrote:

Oh yes I LOVE that !!!!

Pawel wrote:

I had new books delivered A few Days ago!

Yay!

My favourite one so far is : The Magic Tree Dragon Shade By Andrzej Maleszka

It has magic items made from a magic tree like a wooden doll that if you Put it in moonlight for 7hrs she will turn to a child that it's wishes come true if she says it but the 7hrs in moonlight have to be silent otherwise a very bad thing will happen!

Pawel wrote:

With the magic dice you say a wish and if a 6 lands the wish will come true but if a 1 rolls out the opposite of the wish will happen!

Whith the red chair You sit on it and say a wish and the wish will come true and if the chair likes you it flies to you when you call it! Yes you can reverse wishes!
I will tell you more magic items from the book when i read up to the part when theres Extra magic items!

Pawel wrote:

The books in the magic tree series are
Dragon shade
The giant
The world of huges
The red chair
The mistery of the bridge
The fight
The game

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the series!

Pawel wrote:

I guess I like Harry Potter a little bit like 3/10

Pawel wrote:

In The Magic Tree The Mistery Of The Bridge The Bridge Is Magic Because in the beginning Of The Magic Tree The Mistery Of The Brigde There is a man that builds a bridge Made out of the magic Oak tree. The man that built the bridge loved his cat and his cat loved him. But when the cat crossed the bridge it completely forgot about it's owner. The bridges magic power is to make People forget about the People They love!

Pawel wrote:

Example of the bridge:
The magic of the red chair makes Fillip love Żu grom an advert and at the end he crosses the bridge and forgets about her. COMPLETELY!!!

Pawel wrote:

There is another magic item from The Magic Tree it is a Chess Player that the clone uses!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It works like this : You hold it in your hand and you have only 1 wish not NON STOP wishes like with the red chair but you can make a wish that makes it have
NON STOP wishes...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you waste the wish for riches health food and water the Chess Player VANISHES!!!!!!

Pawel wrote:

I found a new magic item later in ,,The Giant" It's the magic bed you sleep on it and your dream will come true!

But the bad thing is that you can't control your dreams so if you have a nightmare all the things from the nightmare WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU

Pawel wrote:

I found a magic item in the World Of Huges

Mrs. Szulc's son dissapeared because he was holding a magic puzzle I don't know how it works yet so I will put another comment later on how it works..

Pawel wrote:

I'm now sure that he dissapeared because of the puzzles because if you put them together they will take you to the World Of Huges and you get out of there like you got there

1. You have to find the puzzles

2. You have to put the puzzles together and your at Eatrth

In the world of huges are very special pills and drinks that make you a lot taller but only rich people can buy it... But irronicaly the son (Alik) had Amplus (Drink form of the pills) and grew tall but he didn't have any money. Gigun (the giant school bully) spilled his Amplus that he got for his birthday

Pawel wrote:

Guys I have amazing news! MORE BOOKS! I have:
The adventures of Hucka Finna
The adventures of Thomas Sawyer
Pepe and pała back on duty
Jacka Repeta
Jacks

Paweł wrote:

The books I had more books that delivered before but I fortów to tell them to you... They were:
Tobi eyes of Elisa
Pepe and pals
Tobi

Pawel wrote:

SOON THERE WILL BE MORE BOOKS IN THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M SUPER EXITED!!!

Pawel wrote:

I know the name of one magic tree book that is coming soon :
The Magic Tree STOLEN!
So I think the magic tree and all of the magic items will get stolen!

Pawel wrote:

I have a challenge to the end of the year to:
Read a pile of books that is as tall as me, and even a few piles if I can!

Pawel wrote:

When I finished the last page of Children from Bullerbyn I started to cry because I liked the book SO MUCH!

Tillie wrote:

Me six.

Tillie wrote:

My Fabre bloc is themagic necklace by Rosie banks.

Pavel wrote:

I have recieved a lot of books gór communion. I have all of the ones I got and a lot more! I HAVE SO MUCH READING!!!!

Pawel wrote:

I have got new books for communion!

Contact the School

St Joseph the Worker Primary School

Cutnook Lane, Irlam, M44 6GX

Main Contact: Mrs A Brierley - School Business Manager & Miss K Chilton - School Clerk

Tel: 0161 921 1695
Fax: 0161 921 1699
stjosephsworker.rcprimaryschool@salford.gov.uk